Moving anywhere is hard work. We know, we've done it! It can be especially difficult if you are moving to another country and some things can be down-right impossible in a foreign language. Every time someone arrives here, they go through the same process that you are about to go through or are in the middle of. Setting up home in Sweden, in Danderyd.
If you have had any time to get prepared, you've probably 'googled' and found a few online sources of advice and some information. Great. So did we. The trouble is that there doesn't seem to be anywhere where all the information is collected together and is kept up-to-date. So we fixed that and built New in Danderyd.
Membership of New in Danderyd gives you:
- All the information you need to get yourself and your family registered in Sweden
- Everything necessary for setting up home, including help for renting and buying property
- A huge amount of useful videos, pictures, maps and information about Danderyd and what is here for you to explore the area from wherever you are now
- Special offers, discounts and events organised by local shops and restaurants
- An online network group for just New in Danderyd members and our team so you can start making connections before you arrive and in the first months after you arrive
- Information about awesome online Swedish classes - the best ones we've found
- Access to help, support and advice from us at New in Danderyd and from fellow expats
Why do we charge when other information sites are free?
We noticed something when we moved here and again when we were researching the information for this site - how can you tell if the information online is up-to-date? The general information we found was all provided free but with no way of knowing if it was current and correct (and, unfortunately, masses of it turned out to be old or just plain wrong). We keep our information right up-to-date and nothing on the site will ever be more than six months old, so you can be sure that it is correct. That's what the membership fees pay for - the best and most up-to-date information, all in one place.
What if I don't live in Danderyd or end up moving somewhere else?
If you still plan to be or are already in Sweden, then that's no problem. Just choose the 'New in Sweden' membership and you'll get access to all the other information and at a reduced price. Everything from getting your personal number to electricity suppliers, the all-important internet, gardeners, cleaners and everything for DIY. And Swedish language lessons too!
Is it just information or can I get to know the area and other people?
Not only is it not just information, you'll find videos to show you around the neighbourhood (and important things like where to find British sausages in the supermarket...!), news and views from the people who live here, offers and treats from local businesses and all sorts of other things to make your first few months and years in Danderyd as fun as possible.